10 steps forward 5 steps backwards?



 When you head on a journey, more often than you often have a destination in mind. or a purpose. A friend recently announced she will be travelling 29 states in order to mobilize volunteers for her cause of working on Genetic Disorders. 

Another person updated on Facebook recently about a solo ride they are going to take covering several states. 

As part of various travel groups (and ardent travel dreamer), I often seek insights that will enrich my experience whenever I embark on my own journey. So by that definition, I have a lot of borrowed expectations, not just from the journey but also from myself. I know when I set for the journey, I will be prepared or Will I?

Let us take a step backwards and start from the beginning!!

Preparation Zone- I am set. I know my destination. I know the way and I have my GPS. I have seen photographs and heard experiences of my counterparts who will tell me what it is like to take a similar journey. I am Set. My tick marks are complete. 

Anxiety Zone - Despite the tickboxes, something tells you, it is scary. You are anxious. You want to take the leap of faith and then are still wondering and doubting yourself. 

Faith Zone- You can do it. Mostly also stems sometimes because of the hard work you have put in the preparation and at other times when others are telling you that you can do it. We all need champions, people who believe in us when we don't. 

Set-off Zone- You begin your journey and your preparation starts paying off. You reach your first milestone and feel an elated sense of being. Things look sorted and you take a huge sigh of relief. 

Speedbreaker Zone- Suddenly in your journey your GPS takes you through a best possible shortcut and against all your intuition you decide to take that road.  This is sometimes a dark alley or between a small farm. You are not sure if this was the right path. Your speed is considerably slow. This is the time you often see yourself tossing between anxiety and faith zone. 

Destination Zone- This is the time when we about to reach our destination and our kids start asking. How much more time, how much more time and after the thousandth time we say, count to 100 and when you are done we will be there. However the stress of knowing and not knowing on how further the destination is in real terms despite all the actual measures such as GPS and locations, we still feel tired.

If you look at a journey it is not when we take the journey we feel excited It is only before we plan it and after we have finished it and it kind of starts sinking in that we really did it makes us feel extraordinarily super. 

Keep the faith and keep moving ahead!




Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Too eager to share!!!

Performance Management- The Soft Side

Think out of the box...